The Arizona Commerce Authority has announced the 10 finalists in the Fall 2017 round of the Arizona Innovation Challenge.
The bi-annual business plan competition for promising early-stage companies in high-growth industries will award $1.5 million this round to the most qualified, innovative startups.
Winners receive up to $250,000 each to grow their business to advance innovation and technology commercialization opportunities in the state.
The goal is to create sustainable and growing businesses in Arizona.
The 2017 Fall finalists are (listed in alphabetical order, with industry and headquarters):
- Breezing Co., bio and life sciences, Tempe
- GT Medical Technologies, bio and life sciences, Mesa
- Life365 Inc., bio and life sciences, Tempe
- Paradox LLC, IT-software, Scottsdale
- Renewlogy, cleantech/renewable energy, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Resonea, bio and life sciences, Scottsdale
- SimpleWan, IT-software, Phoenix
- Swift Coat, advanced manufacturing, Peoria
- VB Cosmetics Inc., advanced materials, Chandler
- VivaHR, IT-software, Phoenix
The winners are expected to be announced the week of Dec. 18.
The 25 semifinalists were named in November.